As 2012 comes to a close today, we look back at the 10 most popular posts we’ve published this year. Without further ado:
10. How Datameer Solves Big Data Analytics Problems – Inspired by a reader comment on a Wall Street Journal article about Oracle & Big Data, we demonstrate how some of our customers are using Datameer
9. Analyzing Twitter Sentiment for the US Election with new Datameer App – just before the 2012 US Elections, we released an analytic app analyzing the Twitter sentiment of Obama vs. Romney
8. Incumbents Are Confused – And BTW Hadoop is Not Real-time Data Analytics – cutting through the hype explaining why connecting to Hadoop via Hive is not Big Data analytics, and why “real-time” Hadoop is impossible
7. Security for Hadoop and Big Data Analytics – covering Datameer’s Hadoop and end-user security features
6. Big Data – Crossing the Chasm in 2013! – Our 2013 prediction post – including charts and graphs showing why we believe 2013 will be the year Big Data will cross the chasm into the mainstream
5. Guess What? Everybody’s Right, Big Data is All The Rage – We used Datameer to analyze media coverage of “Big Data” from June 2011-June 2012. These are the highlights – and insights as to what publications and who is covering it the most.
4. The Three Most Common Questions I Get At Datameer – In our conversations with customers and prospective customers, these three questions come up again and again.
3. Datameer and the London 2012 Olympics! – How Datameer was used by one of the U.S. Olympic Teams
2. What’s Behind Our Business Infographic Designer? D3.js of Course! – We rewrote the entire visualization experience in Datameer 2.0. Here’s what we chose to use, and why.
1. The Hadoop Ecosystem, Visualized in Datameer – We collected the data and visualized it in Datameer. Here’s who’s partnering with whom in the Hadoop ecosystem.
Thanks to all of you for making 2012 a great year. As always, feel free to suggest any topics you’d like to see us discuss in the blog in 2013. We’re all ears!
Happy New Year!