Last updated: February 26, 2018
We will only process your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For the purpose of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is Datameer, Inc. of 577 2nd Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA.
Information We Collect
Datameer collects Personal Information and Other Information, as described below.
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including:
- Company name
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- If you participate in one of our giveaways or promotions, your t-shirt size, as applicable
- Social media account ID
- Content (text, images, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) you may post on our Websites, including blogs available on our Websites
- Information about your company’s systems, including your Hadoop distribution;
- Information about your company’s interests and potential or actual use of the Platform Services.
- Any personal information contained within the data that you may make available to or load into the Platform Services
- Employment application information
- Datameer generated user ID
How We May Collect Personal Information
Datameer and its service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Website or the Platform Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Website (e.g. when you sign up for a newsletter or request a demo or free trial) or when you use the Platform Services.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you when you attend one of our trade shows or contact customer service.
- Information from Social Networking Sites: Our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each an “SNS”). If you connect to an SNS through our Site, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners, resellers or other referral partners; social media platforms (as described above); as well as from other third parties.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and computer information
- Usage data related to actions taken while using the Platform Services
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or computer: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your computer, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Platform Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the Platform Services: We may track and collect usage data, such as user actions and activities through the Platform Services.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Website, as well as for online tracking and marketing purposes. We can recognize your computer to assist your use of the Platform Services. We also gather statistical information about the usage of our Website and our Platform Services in order to continually improve the design and functionality, understand how our Website is used and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Platform Services.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with our Website to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Website (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, for marketing purposes and compile statistics about usage of the Website and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Website. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Website or our online content.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Website and/or Platform Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Website and/or Platform Services.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other visitors to the Website.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other users of the Website or Platform Services, (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
Use and Disclosure of Information
How We May Use Personal Information We may use Personal Information:
- To enable your use of the Website and provide the Platform Services you request. We will use any Personal Information that you make available to or load into the Platform Services solely for the purposes of providing you with the Platform Services in accordance with your instructions and requests.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters, provide you with demos and provide you with a free trial.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Platform Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To process payments for the Platform Services, make the Platform Services available and communicate with you regarding the Platform Services and provide related customer service and support.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Website by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Website or Platform Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Datameer will use Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purpose for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. Datameer will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. Datameer depends on you to update and correct your Personal Information to the extent necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently authorized by you.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services. Datameer requires its service providers to which it discloses Personal Information and who are not subject to the laws based on the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46 or Swiss Federal Data Protection Law to either (i) subscribe to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (“Privacy Shield”) or (ii) contractually agree to provide at least the same level of protection of Personal Information as is required by the relevant Privacy Shield principles.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- By you, on blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Website and our Social Media Pages and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on our Social Media Pages and on our Website.
- To social media account providers, in connection with your social sharing activity and other interactions through social media, such as if you sign up for a free trial through the Website from your social media account.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Services
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as LinkedIn, Marketo, Google, Microsoft or any other social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, technology resellers, partners or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Website or our Social Media Pages.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by updating your marketing email preferences at http://info.datameer.com/UnsubscribePage.html.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages. You cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages while you are a user of the Platform Services.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. Requesting a change or deletion prior to the completion of a pending transaction may impact our ability to fulfill the transaction.
Use of Website by Minors
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Website.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for a level of protection that is less than the protection provided under the laws of your home country.
As described in the Privacy Shield Principles, Datameer is accountable for Personal Information that it receives and subsequently transfers to third parties. If third parties that process Personal Information on our behalf do so in a manner that does not comply with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are accountable, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, binding arbitration will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means. Datameer is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., governmental ID or social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background) on or through the Website or otherwise to us.
577 2nd Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94107 USA
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.