Last updated: 9/29/2016
We will only process your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For the purpose of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is Datameer, Inc. of 1550 Bryant Street, Suite 490 San Francisco, CA 94115 USA.
Information We Collect
Datameer collects Personal Information and Other Information, as described below.
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including:
- Company name
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- If you participate in one of our giveaways or promotions, your t-shirt size, as applicable
- Social media account ID
- Content (text, images, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) you may post on our Websites, including blogs available on our Websites
- Information about your company’s systems, including your Hadoop distribution;
- Information about your company’s interests and potential or actual use of the Platform Services.
- Any personal information contained within the data that you may make available to or load into the Platform Services
- Employment application information
- Datameer generated user ID
How We May Collect Personal Information
Datameer and its service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Website or the Platform Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Website (e.g. when you sign up for a newsletter or request a demo or free trial) or when you use the Platform Services.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you when you attend one of our trade shows or contact customer service.
- Information from Social Networking Sites: Our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each an “SNS”). If you connect to an SNS through our Site, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners, resellers or other referral partners; social media platforms (as described above); as well as from other third parties.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and computer information
- Usage data related to actions taken while using the Platform Services
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
Use and Disclosure of Information
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To enable your use of the Website and provide the Platform Services you request. We will use any Personal Information that you make available to or load into the Platform Services solely for the purposes of providing you with the Platform Services in accordance with your instructions and requests.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters, provide you with demos and provide you with a free trial.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Platform Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To process payments for the Platform Services, make the Platform Services available and communicate with you regarding the Platform Services and provide related customer service and support.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Website by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Website or Platform Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
1550 Bryant Street, Suite 490
San Francisco, CA 94115
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.