- In Datameer’s File Browser, select your home folder.
- From the plus (+) menu in the top bar, select Workbook.
The Add Data window opens.
- Select Sample CSV Data. Click Add Data. The workbook opens with the sample data.
- Click the plus (+) icon next to the sheet name (Sample_ CSV_Data) at the bottom of the workbook to create a new sheet. The
- In the Formula Builder opens.Select select the Grouping category from the column on the left.
- Select GROUPBY. This function combines the different values (city, in this case) and groups them together so the data is more easily parsed.
- Add an argument by clicking the Sample_CSV_Data tab to return to the first sheet. If the Formula Builder covers the sheet names at the bottom, drag it to the right to find the Sample_CSV_Data sheet.
- Click the City column of the sheet. The Arguments field is populated.
- Click OK. A new City column appears on Sheet1. Now the city values are aggregated to just show each unique city.
- Click in the second column (column B) of Sheet1 to add a second function.
- In the Formula Builder, select the Grouping category and GROUPAVERAGE function. This function uses the grouping already created (city) and calculates the average of another column (age) for that grouping.
- From the Sample_CSV_Data sheet, click the Age column for the argument.
- Click OK. A new Average_Age column appears on Sheet1. This shows the average age of the occupants per city.
- Save your workbook by clicking the Save Workbook icon.
- Name your workbook. In this example, use My Workbook.
- Click Save.
- At the bottom of the Workbook Settings page, select Start calculation process immediately after save.
- Click Save.
- In the File Browser, select your home folder.
- From the plus (+) menu in the top bar, select Infographic.
- Select a Multi-bar chart from the Add Widget toolbox and drag and drop it to the middle of the page. A multi-bar chart is a great choice because it shows the simple relationship between the data.
- Click the Data tab on the widget to show which properties need to be entered for the configuration.
- Navigate to Your home folder > My Workbook in the Browser tool box toolbox on the right. From there, open Latest Results > Sheet1 by clicking the arrow next to the name. If your workbook is still running, wait for the results. If it hasn’t run yet, right-click the workbook in the File Browser and select Run.
- Drag the City column to the Label field and the Average_Age column to the Data field of the widget. The updated widget now shows you the relationship between age and location. Click off of the chart to close the Data tab and view the chart, which shows you that the average age in New York City is the oldest of the cities included. Hover over the columns to see the information.
- From the File menu, select Save.
- Name your infographic and click Save.