Datameer is a complete end-to-end solution for data analytics. Datameer is built on top of Hadoop, an open source technology that supports the storage and processing of large data sets in a distributed computing environment. Datameer tools simplify extraction, transformation, and loading and real-time data retrieval. For business users, Datameer offers a familiar spreadsheet interface and intuitive data visualization.
You need to know a Unix-based system such as Ubuntu Linux 9.10 and details about accessing where your data is stored, such as IP addresses, local host information, user names, and passwords.
See System Requirements for details on the hardware and software requirements and the required information to access your data using Hadoop.
To learn about how Datameer works, see the Concepts Guide.
To learn about extending Datameer functionality, see the Developer's Guide.
To learn more about Hadoop, see Hadoop and Datameer.
Use the following documents in this guide to understand all the steps required to configure Datameer for use in your big data environment.
- Installation Guide
- Installation Fail on Mac
- Using DatameerService.exe to Start Datameer as a Service in Windows
- Set up Datameer on AWS
- Set Up Datameer On ICP4D
- Upgrade Guide
- Configuring Datameer
- Configuring Database Drivers and Mail Servers
- Configuring Datameer with Azure HDInsights
- Configuring WalkMe Guided Training
- Custom Properties
- Encrypted Shuffle and Encrypted Web UIs
- Set Up Datameer on an HDFS Transparent Encryption-enabled Cluster
- Set Up Datameer on Cloudera (CDH)
- Set up Datameer on EMR
- Set Up Datameer on HDP
- Set Up Datameer on MapR
- Set Up Datameer on YARN
- Set Up Runtime Analytics
- Supported Hadoop Distributions
- Supported Operating Systems
- Supported Browsers
- Supported Data Sources
- Testing Your Installation
- Checklist for Hadoop Administrators
- How to Install Database Drivers
- Moving Into Production
- Disaster Recovery
- Where to Go from Here
- System Requirements
Once you have configured Datameer, see Administration Guide for details on how to configure a connection, manage users, and other administrative tasks. See the Analyst's Guide for details on working with data, creating workbooks and configuring infographic widgets.