Feature Release: Asset Discovery and Activity Feeds
- Adam Wealand
- November 4, 2019
We released new capabilities in October’s feature release. Highlights in this feature release include adding improved search, discovering new analytics assets beyond data, new data connectors and a simple way to contact us for help within Datameer Spotlight.
- Documents uploaded into Datameer Spotlight can now be discovered using the Search tool.
- The activity feed is now in a sliding panel on the home page, so that it can easily be expanded or collapsed.
- Asset discovery is easier than ever with the Datameer Spotlight search bar prominent on the home page.
- Datameer Spotlight assets now include documents. Document files can be uploaded, downloaded, searched, and added to dataspaces.
- You can now connect directly to your Postgres and MS SQL Server data sources.
- When searching for analytical assets, you can now use multi-word search keywords.
- You can now send us your comments or report an issue directly from within Datameer Spotlight using the new “Contact Us” form that opens from the Help button.
- When you or people you collaborate with add a comment to a dataspace, you will receive corresponding notification in your Activity Feed.
- When you open an empty dataspace, we will guide you on how to populate it with data and other assets.
- Sometimes a page does not render correctly, resulting in a blank screen. This can be corrected by reloading the page.