Datameer Blog post
Datameer Year in Review – 2017’s Biggest News and Content Views!
by Erin Hitchcock on Mar 05, 2018
2018 is almost here! And given the fact that 2017 was such a big year for us here at Datameer, what better time to look back and recap some of our most exciting announcements and greatest hits from the last 12 months? Keep reading for a look at our Top 3 major product announcements in 2017 as well as our Top 5 most popular blog posts this year.
And from all of us here on the Datameer team – We wish you a Happy New Year. May your data be clean and your business insights plentiful!
Datameer’s Top 3 Product Announcements of 2017
1. Datameer for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
With the complete flexibility and elasticity you expect from the cloud, Datameer for AWS instantly turns your big data initiative into reality.
- Datameer for AWS Landing Page
- Datameer for AWS On-demand Webinar
- Blog Post: Six Key Characteristics of a “Cloud-native” Platform
- Blog Post: The Cloud Changes Big Data Analytics, and Big Data Analytics Needs to Change
2. Datameer Visual Explorer.
Visual Explorer bridges the last mile between the analyst and their data lake, delivering an interactive experience like no other that enables true unconstrained data exploration at the speed of thought.
- Visual Explorer Landing Page
- Visual Explorer On-demand Webinar
- Blog Post: It’s Time for a New Model for Data Exploration – Meet Datameer Visual Explorer
- Blog Post: Datameer Visual Explorer: This Changes Everything
3. Datameer 6.3.
You spoke, we listened…and our product team made the enhancements you wanted. Explore the details of new features that enhance analyst productivity, increase connectivity to BI tools, and improve your security and governance structures.
Datameer’s Top Five Blog Posts of 2016
- Challenges to Cyber Security and How Big Data Analytics Can Help. An updated version of 2016’s top blog post of the same name – Learn more about how big data analytics is constantly evolving to combat increasingly sophisticated cyber security threats.
- Five Big Data Use Cases for Retail. How are leading retail companies using big data analytics to get ahead? Read our use case roundup to find out.
- The Role Big Data Will Play in AI’s Future. Read about some of AI’s recent accomplishments and how big data is helping it to cross the chasm into the mainstream.
- What’s With Data Lakes? Five Questions, Answered. John Morrell addresses some important questions surrounding data lake usage, value extraction and more.
- 5 Big Data Job Descriptions to Hire an All-Star Team. Every big data analytics project requires an all-star team of skilled practitioners. Read more about the best way to find and build your group of big data experts.
Stay tuned in 2018 for more exciting news and content from Datameer as we continue to keep you up-to-date on everything big in big data!
Erin Hitchcock is the Public Relations and Analyst Relations Manager at Datameer. In this role, she works diligently alongside thought leaders to spread the word about big data and data engineering technologies.