Certified Datameer Analyst Program
Datameer Certified Analyst
The Datameer Certified Analyst Program is designed to make you fully functional across the Datameer solution. During this 4-week program, you’ll learn the entire Datameer workflow from data import and integration, to analysis and visualization.
Day 1 - Data Integration with Datameer
Learn how to integrate data. Here we will cover how to create connections to your data, use file uploads, imports, and data links. We will also cover certification requirements.
Day 2 - Building Your Datameer Analysis
In this section, we will cover workbook basics. Using the data brought in during Day 1, you will learn how to use basic workbook tools such as filtering, sorting, and joins. You will also learn the basics for building an analysis with functions. This module will include best practices when considering your data pipeline and workbook processing.
Day 3 - Datameer Infographics and Reporting
During Day 3, you will learn how to build infographics using the data analysis created in Day 2. We will cover how to choose a widget based on your analysis, and also discuss customization. This module includes how to add visuals to your infographics to best represent your analysis. There will also be a review of certification requirements.
Prior to signing up for the class, we recommend the following:
- Students should be familiar with business intelligence and working with data.
- Students should have worked with database-driven data in the past.
- Downloaded and installed the free trial of Datameer - Download the Trial.
- All sessions are live over Web-Ex online, requiring a Web-Ex compatible computer.
- The program covers data ingestion, analytics and visualization.
- Certification requires agreement with the Datameer policy after the exam is passed.
- The final exam will be a live webex meeting with Datameer staff.
- You MUST schedule your exam for following week after the 3rd class.
- Give yourself time to study.
- The exam will be a mixture of questions and demonstrations of your proficiency to the staff.
- The exam will cover data ingestion, analytics, and infographics.
- The exam will be one hour long.
- You will be notified some time after the test whether or not you have passed or failed.
- If you fail, you can re-schedule the exam after a 3 month wait period.
- Prior to the exam, you must have worked with Datameer doing the labs and to make sure that the software is installed on your machine locally.
The purpose of the Analyst exam is to show your proficiency in data ingestion, analytics and visualization. The exam is a one-on-one live session with an instructor. During the test you will be asked to ingest, analyze and visualize a data set.
- Create import job and upload some data. The data sources should be structured and semi-structured/unstructured.
- Create a workbook that joins the two data sources.
- The workbook should use at least one filter.
- The workbook should use grouping functions, string functions and at least one total.
- Save and run the workbook.
- Create an infographic with at least three graphs tied to the data.
2040 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
Tel: +1 650 286 9100
Fax: +1 650 286 9103
logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.