Datameer includes datasource integration, storage, an analytics engine, and visualization tools.
Datameer is based on Hadoop which allows it to scale to accomodate and manipulate large volumes of data. It supports integrating data from many of the commonly used databases including Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and from files such as log files, twitter data feeds, CSV files, Excel files, or text files.
Use Datameer to analyze customer relationship management content, web logs, customer data, sales data, social media content, and even data from Excel files. You can store that data on your own servers or use a service available on the cloud such as Amazon web services.
Datameer provides a familiar interactive spreadsheet-based interface that is easy to use, but also powerful so that you don’t need to turn to developers for analytics. The spreadsheet is specifically designed for visualization of big data and includes more than 175 built-in functions for exploring and discovering complex relationships. In addition, because Datameer is extensible, you can use functions from third-party tools or write your own commands.
The visualization tools include charts, graphs, and mapping tools.
Key features of Datameer include:
- Can work with large data (gigabytes to petabytes)
- Can pull data from multiple sources
- Easy to navigate and analyze large data volumes
- Easy to create dynamic visualizations
- Minimal IT resource requirements for deployment and ongoing administration
In this guide you will learn the following:
- What is the Datameer Analytic Solution?
- How does Datameer work?
- How do I connect to various kinds of data?
- What kinds of analysis can I do?
- Some example use case scenarios