It’s the Friday before Thanksgiving break. Could there be a better day to share some exciting news? It’s official, Datameer 2.1 and the brand new Datameer Analytic Apps Market are now available! Go ahead, eat way too much, watch some football and maybe a parade, then cozy up to your favorite laptop (because that’s all you need!) and take 2.1 for a spin. Keep reading to find out exactly what’s new in 2.1, or, just go ahead and see for yourself by downloading the free trial now!
Still reading? We knew we liked you guys. While this list is by no means exhaustive, here are some of the highlights:
First, let’s talk the new App Market. More to come on this next week, but as you know one of the biggest new features in 2.1 is the ability to create a packaged analytic application with a single right click. Go ahead and check out some of the apps we created in-house and with some great partners, then go ahead and make one yourself!
Data connectors. In 2.0, we had around 25. Today, we’ve got over 40 connectors that makes bringing in your data as simple as choosing your data source from a list and entering your login credentials. New connectors include Facebook, Github, Google Adsense, Google Analytics, Google Spreadsheets, Google+, Jira, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Marketo, Twitter, and Zendesk. WHEW!
Our File Browser is more flexible than ever:
- *Default folders like ImportJobs, Workbooks, etc, can be renamed or deleted to create your own file organization structure.
- *Entire folders can be moved and reorganized how you see fit.
- *Permission settings have been removed from the creation wizard and instead moved within the File Browser inspector window so you have even faster access to controlling permissions.
- *The File Browser now supports upload of PDF, HTML, TXT and more.
Back in June we unveiled the Business Infographic Designer, which broke the mold of traditional box-after-box style dashboards and gave you drag and drop widgets and design tools to tell the story of your data. In 2.1, we’ve kicked it up a notch. New features include:
- *New UNDO feature
- *New Chart types including a new Doughnut Chart (mmm, donuts), Bubble and Line Plot, Area Chart, Stream Area Chart, and more!
- *Infographics can now consist of multiple pages, and you can give a presentation in either tabbed or slideshow mode
- *The Map widget now allows the plotting of multiple data series in one chart
Other miscellaneous but notable enhancements include:
- *UI: Primary navigation is collapsible so you can use the entire screen
- *Permissions: Users can be added with an optional expiration date for limiting access.
- *REST API: now supports returning column types
- *JSON Parser: now supports multi-line records
Of course, if you’re using Datameer Personal or Datameer Workgroup, you don’t need a Hadoop distribution. But if you’re working with Datameer Enterprise, we’re always adding new Hadoop distro support! In 2.1, in addition to our already extensive list, we now support:
- *Cloudera CDH3u5, CDH 4.1, 4.01 and 4.1.1
- *MapR 2.0 and 2.01
- *Hortonworks 1.1.1